It is also widely supported by memory storage technology companies and third-party operating systems like OS X and Linux. Your email address will not be published. Save my name and email and send me emails as new comments are made to this post.
Format a USB Drive as EXFAT for Mac and Windows Compatibility
Betterment is an online investment company based in New York that offers savings and investment opportunities through easy to use tech and Whether you're first starting with investing or are a seasoned trader, Personal Capital has something for everyone. Here's a look at the Forum Subscribe Search.
Thank you so much.
- Which Mac File System Is Best for an External Drive?;
- Guide: Formatting a USB Flash Drive for Mac & PC Compatibility;
- mac dvi to hdmi adapter not working.
- download youtube video to itunes mac?
- ergonomic keyboard for mac amazon.
Your explanation was nice and easy. Much appreciated.
Apple File System (APFS)
HFSExplorer is a free software that can help you access a Mac-formatted drive. It allows you to read a Mac-formatted drive, and copy the files to your Windows PC freely.
If you are going to use its write support, you need to pay for it. Step 2. Step 3.
- G-Drive USB formatted as EXFAT cannot be mounted in Mac OS High Sierra - G-DRIVE - WD Community;
- Mac OS Extended?
- How to Choose the File System.
- make your mac mini faster!
- What’s the Difference Between APFS, Mac OS Extended (HFS+) and ExFAT?
- descargar mozilla firefox 2012 para mac gratis.
If you want to read and write the Mac-formatted drive on both Windows and Mac, reformat it as exFAT should be the best way. Pay attention: Reformat drive will delete all data on the drive.
Please confirm that you have backed up the important data on the drive before formatting. Right click the drive, select Format.
Choose the exFAT file system in the list. You can also set up Allocation unit size and Volume label here. Tick the option of Quick Format , click Start. Thus helping others interested in this topic.